Blog, Updates & News
With the latest update, we added a comprehensive guide, that contains useful information for 1Fox and lists basic trading strategies. This guide will be extended in the future. We also improved our security features, now it is possible to request a Two-Factor Authentication reset on the website. Here is the detailed changelog:
- Added a guide
- Redesigned and improved outgoing emails.
- Each login from a new IP address now triggers a notification email.
- It is now possible to request a 2FA reset on the website when access to the 2FA device was lost.
- A “Resend SMS” button will appear next to smsTAN input fields after 30 seconds, which will resend an SMS from a different gateway.
- Removed the ability to manually switch SMS gateway from the settings page.
- Fixed the link to positions-history for certain notification types.
- Login and Create Account links are not shown on mobile anymore when the current component is the login form.
The first basic social features have been implemented, from now on you can share your trades and comment on them.
Also, we published the Foxbot, a simple Market Maker bot and a documentation for its libraries. You can use it as a foundation to create your own market maker bot. Read all about it here:
For the rest of the changes, read the changelog:
- Added double-click protection in order create dialog.
- Added a profit/loss details dialog.
- Only index prices for the current funding interval are used to estimate the next funding rate.
- Increased max. limit/offset values for fetching historic index and funding data.
- Increased max. depth/limit values for fetching the orderbook/last trades to 250.
- Automatic login when 6 digits are entered in 2FA login input.
- Increased financing stats duration in stats page to one month.
- API Docs: API links are now clickable.
- Fixed a critical race condition bug in the balance check script.
- The current day is no longer included in the user count chart.
- Only positive integers are from now on allowed as a channel ID for the websocket user channel subscription.
- Fixed a critical bug where the authentication token was not deleted upon logout.
- Added an unsubscribe link system for newsletter emails.
- Replaced images on features page with better ones.
- Fixed a coloring issue with some line charts.
Today we increased the maximum leverage for the BTCUSD market on 1Fox to 10.
Tomorrow, Thursday May 10th 2018, we will upgrade our Bitcoin wallet infrastructure to be fully SegWit compatible. Unfortunately, this requires that all deposit addresses will change and transactions to old addresses will no longer be credited. If you send funds to and old address by accident, we will manually credit your deposit upon your request.
SegWit, among other things, increases the available space for transactions per block and makes second-layer solutions, like the Lightning network, possible.
After this upgrade it will also be possible to send Bitcoin transactions to the new alternative address format called Bech32.
We are happy to announce that the new and improved referral system has been enabled on 1Fox today. Thanks to our referral system, users can earn Bitcoin completely risk free. It rewards you for recommending us to your friends and introducing our platform to new traders. As a thank you for helping 1Fox in this early stage, you will earn 50% of the trading fees from your referred users until the end of June. From then on, you will continue to earn 25%. The 1Fox referral system is just as simple, yet more powerful than the referral system that you may be used to from 1Broker:
Now it will be possible for you to add up to 5 referral links to your account. With these you can experiment on all your channels. For example: you can use the first link to make Facebook posts, and the second to make Twitter posts.
Powerful Charts and Statistics
For each link, you can see new charts and statistics, showing you exactly when your link got clicked, when a new user registered using your link and how much you earned from it per day. This is especially interesting for advanced marketing actions, and makes it more transparent to you which marketing channel has been the most effective.
User-level earnings information
For an even deeper analysis, you can now check every referred user and how much you earned by referring them.
Also, existing referral connections from 1Broker, that we were able to recreate through email addresses, have been transferred to 1Fox as well.
Here is the full changelog of our recent update:
- Added the possibility to override a user’s referral ID with the order/create API method. This is useful for monetizing trading software built on top of our API.
- Fixed critical issue where trigger (Stop Loss, Stop Entry) orders do not send change/trade events to the websocket server.
- Fixed a critical display-bug where the orderbook in the user interface could become inconsistent for a short amount of time.
- 1Fox android app automatically clears its cache on a software updates.
- API now returns null instead of 0 when as the order_id when a market order is created.
- Added historical funding rates API method.
Before enabling our referral system and the expected growth of our user base, we decided to make important performance-related changes to our trading platform. Unfortunately, these enhancements require that we “settle” our BTCUSD market, which means that all open positions and orders will be closed at the index price on Wednesday, April 11th 11:00 a.m. (UTC). We expect that 1Fox is unreachable for 15-30 minutes during this update. To compensate you for any inconvenience, we will reduce the trading fee to 0%/0% (Taker Fee/Maker Fee) for one week.
Orders are no longer deducted from the cash balance
Currently, Limit and Stop Entry orders are immediately deducted from the cash balance and credited back when closed, which leads to unnecessary clutter of the transaction log and increased server load. With our new system, orders will not change the cash balance anymore. However, to prevent that someone can open an unlimited amount of orders we will introduce a balance_locked and balance_unlocked field (this is important for our API users who will need to upgrade their software). Traders who use our web interface or mobile app will not be affected by this change.
Instead of charging financing every hour we will switch to a 12-hour interval (financing will be charged at midnight and noon (UTC)). The maximum rate will be 0.3% per interval with ±0.1% increments as known from the old funding system. To avoid funding rate manipulation, the minutely comparison between the index price and the 1Fox mid price will happen at a random interval but at least once per minute instead of every minute on the minute.
With this update, we finally released our 1Fox Android application available in the Google Play Store, so you can carry 1Fox around in your pockets wherever you go. We also started an official live chat Telegram group where it will be possible to chat with our developers and the community. It is now also possible to change your account Emails via the user interface. For a detailed changelog continue reading here:
- Fixed bug where certain websocket messages are not sent when an error happened.
- User statistics chart is now a line instead of having steps.
- Removed weak captcha system and replaced it with the more secure reCaptcha.
- Correctly colorized browser (HD) favicons.
- Removed whitespace at bottom of OHLC chart.
- Show email address on sign up page to indicate typos.
- Improved Two-Step Token interface when setting it up and in the login form.
- Added notifications at certain events like when a refund is credited.
- Multiple minor fixes and improvements.
Today, we deployed a major update which improves core parts of our trading engine. The most notable changes are a fat finger protection and a new trigger system for Stop Loss and Stop Entry orders. With the help of this update, we will increase the maximum leverage for our BTCUSD contract tomorrow. Here is the detailed changelog:
- Trigger price for Stop Loss and Stop Entry orders is now the index price instead of the 1Fox last price. Stop Losses and Stop Entries are therefore triggered every minute on the minute.
- Funding rate calculation is now based on the 1Fox mid price instead of the 1Fox last price.
- Fat finger protection: Market orders will no longer be executed if any match beyond a price deviation of 5% from the index price would happen. This means big market orders that would increase the 1Fox last price above index price + 5% are no longer possible. (Big) positions can also no longer be closed if they were to push the 1Fox price past that boundary. (In that case you need to use the Take Profit or the position merge functionality to slowly close the position instead)
- Fixed an issue where websocket messages would report trades that were rolled back because they violated the index boundary (see above).
- Removed previous fat finger events from the 1D resolution historic OHLC data.
- error_code field in API responses is now a meaningful string instead of a number for all API methods.
- Added extended “Last Trades” page where the 50 last trades are displayed.
- Fixed bug where Stop Loss and Take Profit could violate the market-based decimals_step in order/create and position/edit.
- Simplified “Average Funding Rate” table on the corresponding statistics page.
- Fixed race condition when closing Stop Entry orders.
- Significant performance improvement for multiple API calls.
- Fixed a bug where creating an order with a Take Profit set to exactly the bid/ask price would fail.
- Updated Stop Loss, Stop Entry and Take Profit help texts and warning messages when creating an order/editing a position (new index-based trigger).
- Fixed broken order details view for Stop Entry orders.
With today's update we finally activated withdrawals and 1Fox is now feature complete. Our brand new wallet system is quite sophisticated - in addition to bullet proof security measures, it calculates transaction fees based on the current network conditions and allows instant transactions between internal addresses with a drastically reduced fee. In the future, it allows us to easily enable features like transaction batching or SegWit addresses.
In the coming weeks we will also update 1Broker.com to use this new wallet system.
Here is the complete changelog:
- Updated user/get API according to API documentation.
- Corrected rounding error for interface profit loss calculation.
- During the last 5 minutes of the weekly trading break the market will be in ORDERS_ONLY mode.
- Finalized our new powerful wallet backend.
- Multiple smaller fixes in the user interface.
- Performace improvements.
Today, our last paper trading contest ended and we want to congratulate the three winners. The platform is finally feature complete for launch and the only thing left is the setup of our Bitcoin wallet infrastructure. Once this is done, we launch trading in a few stages to avoid thin orderbooks:
- Stage 1: Enabling Bitcoin deposits.
- Stage 2: Enabling the orders-only mode for the BTCUSD market.
- Stage 3: Enabling trading with a leverage of 2.
- Stage 4: Enabling Bitcoin withdrawals.
- Stage 5: Increasing the leverage to 5.
Thanks for your patience and your feedback in the past weeks!
Here are the results of the paper trading contest:
|1. (0.2 BTC)
|2. (0.1 BTC)
|3. (0.1 BTC)